Wednesday, April 1, 2015

7 Days of Prayer for Team Truett


 Beginning today, I’m asking and inviting everyone to join with us in prayer for the next 7 days. These 7 days will take us to April 7th, which is Truett’s scheduled arrival. As April 7th approaches Kristen and I become very excited. In the very next breath we become very anxious and afraid. The purpose of these 7 days is to put all of our energy together. I’ve heard it said before that prayer is the hand that moves the hands of God. Let’s get this team fired up over the next week and watch the hands of God move over Truett, Kristen and I, and of course, you! Hold on cause it’s gonna get good!

People constantly ask us how they can pray for us. These next 7 days will have a specific request for each day. Be sure and check back daily for each request. Also, please feel free to share this with your people, your church, your friends and your social media. We want the world to know about Truett. When they hear his story, hopefully they will hear His story as well.

 We’ve been using the hashtag #TeamTruett on all our social media posts and have asked others to do the same. One of the definitions for the word team is a group of people working together. If you are reading this post, you are on the team. If you’ve sent us a text, you’re on the team. If you’ve prayed for us, you’re on the team. If you’ve offered or given anything for the benefit of us or Truett, you are on the team. We’ve got the best team in the world! Thank you for everything that has been done for us. Let’s do this!

You can pray at anytime that is convenient for you and your schedule. I do want to share a few dates and times that have been significant to us during this journey. If these times help you remember to stop what you are doing and pray then certainly use them.
  • September 25, 2014 / 9:30am / This was the time of our first appointment with Dr. Million and when we were referred to Dr. Fareed.
  • September 25, 2014 / 2:00pm / This was the time when we met with Dr. Fareed and were told of Truett’s diagnosis. 
  • April 7, 2015 / 10:00am / This is the time of c-section for us to meet Truett.


Alright, here we go!

Day 1: Today is a day of thanksgiving. I want everyone to thank our Lord for the family He has given us. Thank him for Kristen being an amazing wife. She has shown me such strength and honor during this time. Thank Him for our precious little Anniston. She is a little piece of dynamite. Her mommy and daddy love her more than we are able to express. She has certainly been a source of comfort for us. Finally, thank Jesus for giving us the honor and privilege of calling Truett our son. Thank Him for making Truett just the way he is. He is perfect little boy who is fearfully and wonderfully made. Praise God for a beautiful little boy named Truett!


“For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, everyone of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them” (Psalm 139:13-17)

5 comments: