Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Truett's Birthday

We've made it to day seven. You guys have been so faithful, encouraging, gracious, generous, kind and supportive. We cannot thank you enough or express how grateful we are for you. Thank you for taking time to read our story, share our story and pray for our family. Truett has been such a little fighter. He hasn't given up. He's been inside Kristen's womb without a skull and brain and is pressing on. He hasn't given up and neither have we.

It has been an honor and joy to talk with so many people and receive phone calls and texts from so many friends. You guys are all rock stars! The last few days I've been telling people that I'm either completely out of touch with reality or God has genuinely given me a peace that has transcended my ability to understand. Don't get me wrong, I still wish this didn't happen. I wish I could be the one with the power to heal my son, but I'm not. I cried several times yesterday. By the way, how bout that Duke University!!! Kristen was asleep but I stayed up to watch the game and at the end I was on my knees in the living room crying like a little baby. I really believe Duke won that game for Truett. God allowed a basketball team to give hope to a heartbroken father.

We will be at the hospital around 8:00am and the c-section is scheduled to take place at 10:00am. We are looking forward to holding Truett in our arms for the very first time. Truett will be surrounded by so many people that love and care for him. It's going to be an exciting day tomorrow!

(I shifted gears a little between these two paragraphs, tears began to flow and I just kept writing)

I want to bring my son home. I want Anniston to be able to feed him a bottle. I want our son to live. I want Truett to give hope to people all across the world. I want him to beat the odds. I want to take him to a Duke basketball game. I want him to have birthday parties. I want him to take his first steps. I want to change his diapers. I want to get up in the middle of the night to feed him. I want to teach him about the history of the New York Yankees. I want him to be able to kiss his mother. I want a lot of things. I'm reminded of Jesus asking his Father if there was another way besides the cross. The cross was the plan. I'm not sure what the plan is for Truett. God will let us know that tomorrow.

Day 7: Today we pray for a miracle. I don't know if Truett will be born with a brain and skull. God can do it. I don't know if Truett will survive without a brain and skull. God knows. I don't know how long or how short Truett will live, but God knows. He has today's agenda in His planner. Our prayer today is for Truett to have a long and full life. Pray that he will not experience pain and suffering but that his entire life  he will only experience the love of his parents, family, friends and all of you that support Team Truett. We're also going to end this like we started it, by being thankful. I am thankful that God has led us every step of the way. I'm thankful that he has given Kristen and I a beautiful little boy that has taught us so much. I'm thankful that no matter what I've done or how unfaithful I've been, God is always good! He has been so good to us! Today we pray for a miracle. Today we are thankful!

"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us" (Ephesians 3:20).

We love all of you! See you guys soon!

5 comments:

  1. Crying with you and for you!! Your faith will get. You through this but the bottom line is you are still parents with hopes and dreams for your children!! Praying for a miracle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever the day brings I hope your family always feels faith not fear. May God show you how strong his love for you and your love for each other is today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God does not put us through things he knows we cannot handle. I have prayed for you and your family. And seeing how strong your faith is while going through this time has shown me how I need to make my relationship with God a better one. So thank you. God has a plan for each and everyone of us we might not like the plan or understand it but God will reveal to you why, when he knows your ready for it. My prayers are with each and everyone you an d the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your faith.
    May God continue to strengthen and encourage you and your family.
    We join our faith to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is a difficult thing to bring up during such an emotional time but I hope you will consider helping your boy's legacy live on by helping others <3 http://mobile.philly.com/health/?wss=/philly/health&id=297731101

    ReplyDelete