Friday, April 3, 2015

Incompatible With Life

Here we are at day three. Kristen and I have been blown away by the support we continue to receive. We cannot begin to express our sincere gratitude. With everything that is within us, we say thank you!

Have you ever experienced a day, week, month, or even a season where things didn’t turn out the way you had planned? Of course you have, so have we. It wasn’t in the plans (at least not ours) for Truett’s skull not to develop. We didn’t plan on having a baby born without the majority of his brain. Maybe you didn’t plan on getting cancer. Maybe it wasn’t in the plans for your spouse to pass away unexpectedly. Maybe you always dreamed of growing old with your husband and now you’re a single mom. I’m not sure what your story is or how life has treated you. There are things I don’t understand nor will I ever understand. But, this is what I know, “I say this because I know what I am planning for you, says the Lord. I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future” (Jeremiah 29:11, NCV). I may not know the plan(s) but the God that intricately formed Truett absolutely knows the plan(s).  He knows the plans for my life and he knows the plans for your life.

On September 25, 2014, Kristen and I became a part of a family we never knew existed. We joined other parents that our hurting, parents that were given a fatal diagnosis for their child. We’ve joined a couple of support groups on Facebook. To read some of the stories is absolutely heart wrenching. I remember reading the story of a mom that had 3 pregnancies with 3 babies suffering from anencephaly. I could not imagine going through that process 3 different times. Just tonight I read the story of a mom who gave birth to twin girls 11 years ago. Marley was born first and her sister, Grace, was only one minute behind. Two hours later Grace had breathed her last breath. The mom writes, “This year will be 11 years and their birthday is the best and worst day of my life... I have found a way to grieve and celebrate, early in the morning I leave on horseback I ride to a special spot and I grieve. Then I come home and celebrate no tears for Marley she deserves to have a happy day!” What a roller coaster of emotion for this mom to experience on their birthday.

Today, I want you to pray for all of these hurting moms and dads across the world that have received a diagnosis of acrania, anencephaly or any other diagnosis that is “incompatible with life.” Pray that these families will find hope and comfort during their darkest days. These families need all the love and support they can receive. Thank you for interceding on their behalf.


“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is the Father who is full of mercy and all comfort. He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).

3 comments:

  1. Dear heavenly father I come to you today on behalf of all the grieving parents..children..brother and sisters that have lost loved ones. Wrap them in your endless love and give them peace. Praising you for all things..Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother-in-law lost a baby at birth, and when she was dying and talking about who she wanted to see. Jesus, her mama, her siblings, her husband, but most of all, she wanted to see her baby boy, Thomas. As I put Easter Eggs on his grave this week, I realized he's been gone 70 years. Although, she had two more sons, she never forgot or stopped loving him. And neither have we. God bless all the families who have lost littles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Shelby shared your blog with me. We lost our daughter Rachel to anencephaly 4 years ago. Praying for you as you prepare to meet Truett and will continue to as you walk through the hard days that are ahead. Please let Kristen know I am here if she wants to talk. Rachelsmama@ymail.com or thegiftofrachelslife.blogspot.com and my husband Matt is here if you need someone as well. I can give Kristen his number thru email. May God shower you with His peace in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete