Monday, April 6, 2015

One in a Million

I remember when Kristen was pregnant with Anniston. She started having contractions on a Thursday night around 8:00pm. We decided to go to the hospital around 5:00am on Friday. After a very long day it was finally time to meet Anniston. Right around midnight Kristen began pushing for Anniston to come out. This went on for two hours. Anniston's heart rate would drop really low and then it would spike. I'll never forget Dr. Million's words, "I'm anxious that something isn't right. I'd like to do a c-section." About 45 minutes later I was holding Anniston for the very first time.

I've often wondered if doctors get nervous or have fears. We expect them to know everything and have a plan to make all things better. We want them to be able to fix us and fix us right now. What happens when they encounter something they've never seen before? We look to them for the answers. We look to them to figure it out. 

Early on when we were deciding whether or not to continue the pregnancy or terminate we had concerns for the doctors and staff. Maybe, we just were concerned what they would think about us. If we decided to carry to term, how would this affect them? Will this be traumatic for them? Dr. Million told us that in almost 18 years of delivering babies she has never seen a baby with acrania/anencephaly. I'd probably freak out a bit if this happened to me. Tuesday is the big day. Truett will be born then. 

I wonder how the staff will sleep tonight? Is Dr. Million nervous? Is she afraid? I don't know the answers to any of these questions. I do know that God specifically chose Truett, Kristen, Dr. Million and myself to be on this journey together. 

Today, day 6, pray for Dr. Amy Million and Dr. Ann Hatfield. They will be performing the c-section. Pray for the nurses and other staff as well. Our prayer is that everyone in that operating room will experience the love of Jesus Christ and that He will provide care, comfort and compassion to the staff. Thank you for praying and standing with us!

6 comments:

  1. I am keeping you in my heart and prayers for strength. May God keep your family in the hollow of his hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart hurts for everyone involved!!! Praying for God's oeace!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, your family and everyone involved. God bless your all. My heart is with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am saying a prayer for all of you right now, and my heart will be with you tomorrow. God bless you! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angel will be born and everyone in that room will witness this what GOD sends out will never return unto void it will reach many people and that's is GODS purpose I pray you will rest in his Peace And Love !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for you.
    www.AChildofPromise.org

    ReplyDelete