Thursday, April 2, 2015

Duke University - Day 2

A lot of people have been asking us about Duke University. Well, Kristen and I have become huge fans of Duke and we hope you will too. Duke University is the only organization (that we know of) researching neural tube defects, such as acrania and anencephaly. The research dates back to the 90’s and focuses on the genetic factors associated with neural tube defects. You can find out more information about the study by clicking here. Kristen and I have agreed to participate in the program. Kristen and I both will donate blood as well as donate blood from Truett’s umbilical cord. We hope that by participating in this study Duke will be able to prevent and/or treat families facing similar diagnoses.

This is why I’ve become an outspoken Duke fan. I’ll never forget watching the Duke men’s basketball team on TV after we found out about this study. I cried like a baby watching the game. All I could think about was a university that cares about my son. I felt an immediate connection to the school. Please join us in praying for Duke University. Pray that the researchers will be able to learn more about acrania and anencephaly; what causes them and how to prevent them from occurring. One of the biggest drawbacks to the study is funding. Would you consider donating to the study? Pray for God to provide funding for research. Thank you for praying for Duke today!


“If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you” (James 1:5).


1 comment:

  1. Praying for God's wisdom in the research this wonderful college is conducting! God's blessings on all involved!

    ReplyDelete